AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

dmryglod
Message 1 of 6 (110 Views)

Insert Blocks at Point Locations

110 Views, 5 Replies
07-06-2001 04:43 AM
Does anyone have any ideas how to set up a query or some other mechanism to insert a plain, dumb block on each one of a set of points? Any help would be great,

Des
Stephen1
Message 2 of 6 (110 Views)

Re: Insert Blocks at Point Locations

07-06-2001 07:10 AM in reply to: dmryglod
Consider Blocktools from www.dotsoft.com. It does what you're looking for. Verify your insert points though - sometimes the program has performed erratically for me.
Distinguished Contributor
phmurphy
Message 3 of 6 (110 Views)

Re:

07-15-2001 10:13 PM in reply to: dmryglod
Surely there is a way to do it in AutoCAD. I need this too, so I will repost the message. Thanks. Pat
chourrm
Message 4 of 6 (110 Views)

Re: Insert Blocks at Point Locations

07-16-2001 02:27 AM in reply to: dmryglod
Are you trying to do this during Import? If so there is way to do map points to blocks during import.
Distinguished Contributor
phmurphy
Message 5 of 6 (110 Views)

Re:

07-16-2001 10:41 PM in reply to: dmryglod
Greetings,
No, I have the points already loaded. What is the way to do points to blocks anyway since I can reload the points. I get the points in as shape files typically, but sometimes I use a program called EZYSURF.
chourrm
Message 6 of 6 (110 Views)

Re:

07-17-2001 03:10 AM in reply to: dmryglod
Patrick,
Use the Point Mapping dialog. In the drawing that you are importing into, create Blocks the way you want them. This could include Block attributes and you will need to get the scale correct for the data you are importing. You can create tags with the field name from the incoming data if you want to place attribute tags on the Blocks as you import them. (The best way to do all this is to just import the points with the data you want, then zoom onto an area and create or scale an existing block so that it is correct. Check the data that came in so that you can get the tag right, etc... Then you can erase it all and start again.) Once in the Import Options dialog, for the Layer that contains the Points, choose the Points column. A '...' button will appear. This will take you to the Point Mapping dialog where you can specify how to import the points, choose a Block, get Block from data and add atttribute tags. The tricky part is getting the Blocks right, fun with AutoCAD, but once it is set up right it works great. Hope this helps, Good luck.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community