AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Blocks at Point Locations

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dmryglod
456 Views, 5 Replies

Insert Blocks at Point Locations

Does anyone have any ideas how to set up a query or some other mechanism to insert a plain, dumb block on each one of a set of points? Any help would be great,

Des
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Stephen1
in reply to: dmryglod

Consider Blocktools from www.dotsoft.com. It does what you're looking for. Verify your insert points though - sometimes the program has performed erratically for me.
Message 3 of 6
phmurphy

Surely there is a way to do it in AutoCAD. I need this too, so I will repost the message. Thanks. Pat
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Are you trying to do this during Import? If so there is way to do map points to blocks during import.
Message 5 of 6
phmurphy

Greetings,
No, I have the points already loaded. What is the way to do points to blocks anyway since I can reload the points. I get the points in as shape files typically, but sometimes I use a program called EZYSURF.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Patrick,
Use the Point Mapping dialog. In the drawing that you are importing into, create Blocks the way you want them. This could include Block attributes and you will need to get the scale correct for the data you are importing. You can create tags with the field name from the incoming data if you want to place attribute tags on the Blocks as you import them. (The best way to do all this is to just import the points with the data you want, then zoom onto an area and create or scale an existing block so that it is correct. Check the data that came in so that you can get the tag right, etc... Then you can erase it all and start again.) Once in the Import Options dialog, for the Layer that contains the Points, choose the Points column. A '...' button will appear. This will take you to the Point Mapping dialog where you can specify how to import the points, choose a Block, get Block from data and add atttribute tags. The tricky part is getting the Blocks right, fun with AutoCAD, but once it is set up right it works great. Hope this helps, Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost