Has anyone successfully ran a Query that inserts a block with attributes filled with text derived from a file that has a large set of polylines with object data (text)? Is it easier just to insert this object data as text with a query. Or can I place this object data (text) into a block that inserts?
- You have land locations defined within the object data assigned to a set of closed polylines. (Large subdivision)
- Field name for object data on each closed polyline is "LAND_LOC"
- Now, I'd like to label these locations with a block that inserts to a central point within the closed polyline.
- Block Attributes with "get" the information from the polyline / object data and place this value in the block attribute.
- I have 1 drawing file that has closed polylines with object data assigned to them.
- This is where I'm looking for ideas to get this to work. What is the best method for this? I'd like a block with attributes to insert and pull the object data / field and place it into the block with a defined attribute, that is central to each of the closed polylines. (LAND_LOC)
Tips, Tricks, Ideas? I used to have LISP and .Net guy would could write a program in a week that would do all this for me, but that doesn't currently exist. Thanks in advance.
Map Annotation blocks perhaps. Have you looked at that or aware of them?
In case others find this, I was having a similar problem and after a lot of tinkering here's what worked.
First I tried making a block to display the tag of interest. The block worked fine but the tag was a block attribute, and I couldn't get my data out of the object data and into the block attributes.
Next I tried the annotation template as described here and here. After defining the annotation template to use the object data field, I had to Insert the annotation which creates annotation just fine, but as a new block. When updating the object data I then have to Update Annotation to make the new data display. It works ok but I'd prefer if it was all handled in one object and updated automatically. Is there a way to do that?
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register