AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

MatejC
Message 1 of 3 (150 Views)
Accepted Solution

Industry Model Explorer problem

150 Views, 2 Replies
10-24-2013 05:25 AM

I'm using AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 on my computer (Win7 64bit) and Oracle 11g R2 on server (Windows Server 2008 R2). We establised a new developer environment on another server on Windows Server 2012 (Oracle 11g R2 and AIMS 2014). Industry models on first server (2008) were created with Topobase 2010. We used Autodesk Industry Model Setup 2014 and updated industry models to 2014 version. I can access these updated models from my computer (Map 2014) without problem. Then we wanted to transfer some of these models to Oracle on the new server (2012). We used Oracle's EXPDP tool to export data models on first server and IMPDP tool to import data models on second server. In export log file there were no errors. In import log file there were warnings (ORA-39082: trigger created with compilation warnings).

We followed the instructions found on this blog:

http://autodesk.typepad.com/beyondthebox/2012/12/using-oracles-impdp-and-expdp-with-autodesk-enterpr...

http://autodesk.typepad.com/beyondthebox/2013/01/using-oracles-impdp-and-expdp-with-autodesk-enterpr...

The only difference was, that using Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator to import industry model from existing Oracle schema didn't recognize that Oracle schema as industry model (had to unchek the "Show only enterprise industry models" to see and select the imported industry models). After recreating triggers and spatial indicies (also 1.click Maintenance) we tried to connect to this industry model from Map 2014 on my computer. Industry model opens and generate graphics performs. The problem is that in Industry Model Explorer I can't see the industry model (I have checked the Explorer Manager in Infrastructure Administrator). If I click the Explorer Profiles button in Industry Model Explorer, i get this little button with 3 dots (right upper corner of Industry model Explorer). And if i select this button, I can see the industry model, but in this kind of view I can only check or unchek features. Mouse right click of feature gives only 1 option - Search, so there are no Show Form, Digitize, ... options.

If I create a new industry model using Infrastructure Admnistrator 2014 on this new server, there are no problems in

viewing the industry model.

I would really appreciate any help, how to get full functionality in Industry Model Explorer.

Thanks. Matej

Mentor
Robert_Fritz
Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: Industry Model Explorer problem

10-24-2013 11:14 PM in reply to: MatejC

Hi Matej,

no solution, only few thoughts:

- no permission issue? The Map user who is logging in has access to a explorer profile?

- might be worth having a look at TB_EXPLORER_* tables - and to compare it with same schema on w2008 server?

- check the log file (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014\Log).

- start Map under a different Windows account and check if there is any difference

Good luck, Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
MatejC
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: Industry Model Explorer problem

10-25-2013 06:00 AM in reply to: Robert_Fritz

Thank you for tips.

For an unknown (yet) reason I had to uncheck and check again the Data Model topic in Edit mode (three dots button) in Industry model Explorer. So now I have full functionality over Industry model.

Matej

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community