AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
rckohler
Message 1 of 3 (658 Views)

In need of US Highway symbols

658 Views, 2 Replies
07-24-2013 09:56 AM

Hello all,

I've been asked to create a map indicating the major highways throughout the state of Michigan. I've searched discussion groups & google for downloadable blocks. Unfortuantely, I haven't had any luck finding any... Does anyone happen to know where I could download standard US highway road signs?

Thanks,

Robyn

coalprpmapper
Message 2 of 3 (630 Views)

Re: In need of US Highway symbols

07-25-2013 06:41 AM in reply to: rckohler

Have you tried using the SYMAP text style?  Lower case "m" is the U.S. Highway symbol, and lower case "p" is the Interstate Highway symbol.  If you center justify them, you can put center-justified numbers (also SYMAP) inside the symbols.

horbad
Message 3 of 3 (597 Views)

Re: In need of US Highway symbols

07-29-2013 12:38 PM in reply to: rckohler

Hi Robyn,

You haven't posted if the above response worked for you.  Just in case it didn't here are two dwg files that I use in location maps that are usually 1:500'000, so you might want to play with the scale to suit.  They are a bit more simple in style, but easy to insert as you just click where on the road you wish to place them for the insertion point.  Then text edit the road/hwy number.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community