AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Importing text, blocks and attributes are too big

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
d.kerkhoff
2150 Views, 4 Replies

Importing text, blocks and attributes are too big

I'll try to import a text file with a string: pointnumber, easting, northing, elevation, discription, but I get very big blocks and attributes in my drawing. I use Autocad 2011 Map 3D, on a windows XP OS. I'll importing the text string with the import command. Easting and Northing are for the position. The Elevation, pointnumber and discription are attributes from a block. I can only choose a block: "Map_Survey_point" This is the only block I can choose. When I import the text, the scale from the importing blocks are too big. How can I change the size of the block and attributes? Anybode an idea?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: d.kerkhoff

You can use Quick Select "qselect" after you import the points then change the  scale in the property palette. I have no idea why the default is so large or why they scale up.

map_surv_pt.png

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
d.kerkhoff
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph.

Thanks for your help. That is the solution. It works! Thank you very much.

Duncan

Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map

@d.kerkhoff wrote:

Murph.

Thanks for your help. That is the solution. It works! Thank you very much.

Duncan

You are welcome. šŸ™‚

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
farad51

Hi mr kerkhoff,

I am new to autocad map....can you please show me how you imported text in your map ...I am having great difficulty i doing this.thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost