AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of shape file contour lines to their 3D elevation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thomas
1212 Views, 2 Replies

Import of shape file contour lines to their 3D elevation

Hello Acadies

I want to import a shapefile into acadmap; this file has contourlines, and in the attribute tables there also is the Attribute for the elevation of the repective line, noted as integer number

after import all lines are on elevation 0

how can I filter all those with same elevation attribute, change them to an AutoCAd object (polyline) and have them moved up to the respective elevation which can be read out from the attribute table???

can this be automatized

Thanks, Thomas

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
antoniovinci
in reply to: thomas

1] in an empty drawing, attach that contour DWG with _ADEDRAWINGS

2] _ADEQUERY and alter the Elevation property to match the height attribute

Message 3 of 3

Apologizing for potential hijacking the thread, but this is in line with my post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/MAP-3D-Feature-Classes-not-listed-in-the-Convert-to-Ind...

The imports (from FDO, or file or MAPIMPORT) functionalities should be more consistent. The question asked here should to my opinion be made feasible in 1 step, without having to create extra steps. Add those Alter Properties functionality (including the expression capabilities) to the import functions would be a massive step forward in a true bidirectional CAD to GIS bridge.

Luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost