AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image coordinate systems transformation and rotation questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rhdins
735 Views, 3 Replies

Image coordinate systems transformation and rotation questions

I have some UTM images that I need to convert to State Plane. If I import them into map with raster design and export them to the state plane coordinate system, they work just fine, but I can't figure out a way to get rid of the black wedge that it makes along the edges of images. Any ideas?

If I query them in using map I can transform the coordinate system, but then every time I open the drawing it takes like 5 minutes just to open.

What has everyone else done to use multiple images in a drawing and transform or convert the coordinate system of the images? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rhdins

If you don't need what's around the edges open it up in RD and copy/paste
into a new image. Select with a rectangle just inside the edges leaving out
the black wedges.

--

Murph
http://map3d.wordpress.com/

"rhdins" wrote in message news:6365836@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have some UTM images that I need to convert to State Plane. If I import
them into map with raster design and export them to the state plane
coordinate system, they work just fine, but I can't figure out a way to get
rid of the black wedge that it makes along the edges of images. Any ideas?

If I query them in using map I can transform the coordinate system, but then
every time I open the drawing it takes like 5 minutes just to open.

What has everyone else done to use multiple images in a drawing and
transform or convert the coordinate system of the images? Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
rhdins

I don't think that would work, I have about 17 images that I am using, if I clip out just what's inside then that leaves a gap between all the images. If anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Message 4 of 4
Jtiwari91

I have a solution that i have been using in AutoCAD MAP 2013. i am not sure what you are using. 

For AutoCAD MAP 2013, once you "connect" the tiff file you might be observing the black background surrounding your image. In order to get rid of it open display manager and right click the respective tiff file connection and select "Edit Style".  A new dialogue window will pop up. Here you will notice a "transparent" button. Select it. In the new window select " Select <". Now select the back boundary which you want to remove.. Hit "OK". Now select apply in the "Edit Style" window dialogue. MAP will automatically remove the background for you.

Do share if it worked for you

Cheers

Jay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost