AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Tool, Similar to Arcmap Available?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jgray
732 Views, 5 Replies

Identify Tool, Similar to Arcmap Available?

Hello,

Running autocad map 3D 2013, and looking for a tool like the "Identify" tool in arcmap. Basically I have data connected to a shapefile that produced rectangles of available downloadable mine maps from the state of Kentucky. Several of these rectangles are overlapping each other such that  you might have one large regtangle on top and 5 smaller rectangles beneath it.  What I need to be able to do is get autocad to show me in the table(referring to the table that provides me all the data from the shapefile) all avialable maps beneath a certian point.

If I open up the table for the shapefile I can click a location on the map and the table zooms and highlights only the top shapfile boundary, what I need is something that "drills" down and provides me with list of every map beneath this point or atleast highlights on the table all avialble mine maps beneath this point. In Arcmap there is a tool that performs exactly like this and it is called the "Indentify tool".  I know I can select and make a window and autocads table will show me the info for all rectangles selected but I am afraid I will either get way to many results highlighted in the table or I will miss something. This is a link to the data I am working with anybody has any questions, look over on the East side of the map and you will see that several rectangles might be laying underneath some large rectangles. 

ftp://data.gis.eppc.ky.gov/shapefiles/komsl_availablemaps_ky1z.zip

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jgray

Hi,

look to the video, it shows how you can select your polygons by point. Use the "Query to Filter Data" function ==> Locate on Map ==> Point.

Then you see only the polygons on the display for your point, in the datatable the list of polygons is also filtered for that criteria (and attributive data is ready to be exported too).

>>>link to video<<<

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
jgray
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

That was great! I am glad  you actually used my data to teach me!  However you have just caused yourself a huge problem, from now you will become my go to guy when I have questions about data that I have "data connected" too. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6
Murph_Map

@jgray wrote:

That was great! I am glad  you actually used my data to teach me!  However you have just caused yourself a huge problem, from now you will become my go to guy when I have questions about data that I have "data connected" too. Thanks again!

Alfred is glad to help. 🙂 

Some of that data (west side) is just up the road from me can I ask who you work with and the type of work they/you do? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 6
jgray
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hey Murph,

I have once talked to you in the past talked, either through your blog or on here, but I work for mining engineering company that has an office in Lexington and in Madisonville. 

Message 6 of 6
Murph_Map

@jgray wrote:

Hey Murph,

I have once talked to you in the past talked, either through your blog or on here, but I work for mining engineering company that has an office in Lexington and in Madisonville. 

I thought it was a mining company from looking at the data. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost