AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify FDO polygone with same info

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
olivier.eckmann
243 Views, 2 Replies

Identify FDO polygone with same info

Hi,

I've an FDO connexion to Polygons.

Orginally, each polygon has an info which is unique, but after some cutting operations, resulting polygon have same info. I would like to identify (locate) polygons with same info.

I could show table, sort on this info and search consecutives lines with sames info. I could export to excel and write macro to find lines with same infos, but is it possible to build a thematic (request) for ex to apply red color to a polygon if another polygon have same info and keep other polygons in white color?

Thanks for any idea.

Olivier

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Olivier,

if my understanding is correct a thematic map would only work if Map was able to group values when creating a theme. But this is not the case.

One approach might be:

- save your data as SQLite (right click on layer in Display Model)

- use SQLite tool to query the sql lite file and use plain SQL to identify the duplicates

- remove the duplicates

- use Map to convert SQLite back to original data format.

Good luck, Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 3

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your solution, but if I need to be outside of MAP, it isn't what I want.

I play with DotNet API of AutoCAD and Map ObjectData, it's time to show GIS Platform to develop what I want.

Olivier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost