AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IWORLDOUT not working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
GPSJane
632 Views, 7 Replies

IWORLDOUT not working

I would like to export a world file with an image. I know I did it a few weeks ago and had no problems but today it just is not working. Here is the output of what I just tried:

Command: IWORLDOUT

Specify path  <C:\Users\Name\Survey>: temp.jgw

The path you have specified is invalid. Please specify a valid path.
Specify path  <C:\Users\Name\Survey>: C:\Users\Name\Survey

Specify path  <C:\Users\Name\Survey>: C:\Users\Name\Survey\temp.jgw

Specify path  <C:\Users\Name\Survey>:

The file  could not be written out.

So basically it put in my work directory but when I enter any path it is invalid, even though I know it exists. When I just hit enter to accept ACAD's path it did give me a message saying that it created a temporary file in the AppData directory somewhere, but then can't write it anyway.

Oh dear!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: GPSJane

GPSJane wrote:

Oh dear!

Dear Jane, in this forum we discuss about Map, not about RD...

Message 3 of 8
GPSJane
in reply to: antoniovinci

But it is part of Map 3D. It isn't a separate application.

Message 4 of 8
antoniovinci

GPSJane wrote:

But it is part of Map 3D. It isn't a separate application.

Really? Well, I was convinced that you may purchase it as a stand-alone program: check this out.

Message 5 of 8
GPSJane
in reply to: antoniovinci

And yet, when I open it it opens Map 3D.

Anyway, I figured out the issue, for anyone else having it. Actually it is not a solution, just the reason. My path was actually very long. I deleted much of it above for the sake of readability. For whatever reason, ACAD can't understand that (even though everything I work with is in that same path) so I had to use a shorter path then copy the world files where they belong.

Quite annoying but there it is.

Message 6 of 8
parkr4st

GPSJane

the default is the location of the image unless you set it with ioptions.  it is in RD help.

Antonio

with the infrasturcture suite map3d and RD are integrated and the RD commands are all available in the Map interface,  Time to upgrade?   not as long a there is QGis, right?Smiley Wink

dave

Message 7 of 8
GPSJane
in reply to: parkr4st

Yeah but what I was trying to say is that the default path is where the image is and I want the world file there. I now have to use a different deault path and copy them all to the long path anyway.

Message 8 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: parkr4st

parkr4st wrote:
right?

Right, proudly I work on hw+sw of the previous decade, typing Autocad commands by hand, but somehow I scrape by...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost