AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage a large number of plans?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Paul.WOISARD
372 Views, 8 Replies

How to manage a large number of plans?

Hello,

How to manage a large number of plans without going through the X-Refs or third party software?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

>> How to manage a large number of plans

That depends on what you understand about "manage plans", ... and of course what types of plans you have and how they interact with each other.

In the simpliest case it can be a good directory structure standardized for your projects (and everyone in your company knows it), you might play with some mini-automatism like exporting title-block attributes into a simple database for searching, and then, well not anymore without 3rd party app, in some document management systems.

Let us know a little bit about what you are doing, what plans you have, how have you structured it currently and why you don't want your current way you are working.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

We use some geo-referenced plans or not, we want to display different plans depending on the scale or zoom. The structure will be define later.

Thanks

Paul

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

>> We use some geo-referenced plans

In DWG format or any GIS format (like SHP or SDF)?

>> we want to display different plans depending on the scale or zoom

You might look into the display functionality of GIS-objects, show more or less detailed geometry based on zoom/scale is one of the standard features in Map3D.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9

Hi

>> In DWG format or any GIS format (like SHP or SDF)?

in DWG format

>> You might look into the display functionality of GIS-objects, show more or less detailed geometry based on zoom/scale is one of the standard features in Map3D.

Is it working with dwg? we want show different dwg depending on the zoom.

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

>> we want show different dwg depending on the zoom.

Are you speaking about MapGuide or Map3D?

If you have different DWG-files I don't understand that question.

What I meant was rendering the same data with different options depending on zoom factor, so e.g. looking to the data with >1:100000 you see nothing, between 1:10000 and 1:100000 you see the border of polygony with thin lines, looking to the data with <1:10000 the polygons are filled like thematic mappings and the borders are more thick.

But you always look at the same data, not to different DWG files.

"If you really want to see different DWG's you just have to open it" ... at least this is the sentence that make it more clear why I'm not sure to understand you.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: Paul.WOISARD

With DWG you can create mulitple maps from the display manager and set zoom/scale as needed with quries of the dwg layers/enities. If you are wanting muliple dwgs dispalyed then look at the map attach and query tools. (ADEDRAWING commmand)

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 8 of 9
antoniovinci
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph wrote:

ADEDRAWING commmand

I guess you were meaning _ADEDRAWINGS ..?

Message 9 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: antoniovinci

@antoniovinci wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ADEDRAWING commmand

I guess you were meaning _ADEDRAWINGS ..?

Yes, I did have Map3D open to double check the correct spelling. 🙂

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost