AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy/move objects between layers?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jeffmorris
1659 Views, 6 Replies

How to copy/move objects between layers?

I have AutoCAD Map 3D 2013. How do I copy/move objects such as lines and arces between layers that are in the Task Pane window, not the regular layers? I can't find the Layer Manager.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: jeffmorris

If you are speaking of the Data Connection layers then the command is Bulk copy, Should be in the Tools Icon on the task pane.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 7
jeffmorris
in reply to: Murph_Map

In the Task Pane, there are two drawing layers named "streets" and "blocks", Aerial layer that uses Basemap Services Connection, and "Map Base" layer. The "Default" layer is under the "Map Base" layer. When I want to create a drawing layer, I'm asked to choose an existing layer such as layer "0". If I want to move objects such as lines and arcs from "streets" layer to "blocks" layer, how can I do that?

Message 4 of 7
bingeomatics

Find "Bulk Copy" command in the "Data" button.

Binnat Khalilov
Message 5 of 7
Murph_Map

I take it you did not create that map(dwg). If the layers are data connected to an FDO data sources then bulk copy provided they are of the same feature type.

If they are Autocad objects/entities that are queried into the map then you need to recreate the queries and filter on every thing you want in the display layer.

Highlight (pick on) one of those layer and look in the property palette to determine what kind of layer it is.

Murph
Message 6 of 7
jeffmorris
in reply to: Murph_Map

I use the Basemap Services Connection to download the Bing Aerial Map of my city so that I can create 3D model of my city using Autocad objects/entities. The Autocad objects/entities are on layer 0 and layer 1. How can I copy/move Autocad objects/entities from layer 1 to layer 0 or the other way? The "Bulk Copy" dialog box only lets me choose "Aerial" or "BMS_1" layers as source layer. I don't see layer 0 or 1 in the list.

Message 7 of 7
Murph_Map

Don't confuse the FDO layers (listed in the task pane) with the "Vanilla AutoCAD layers.

To change the object layers you can use the property palette. Select the objects then in the property palette under the Design tab select the layer you want the objects on.

layers.png

Murph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost