AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert mpolygons to polylines

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
christer.justusson
13188 Views, 6 Replies

How to convert mpolygons to polylines

Hello

I'm in search of a way to convert mpolygon objects to polylines in a way so they stay on its original layer. We use Layer Explode (lexplode) from Vianova but it doesn't work with Autocad Map 3D and they are not planning to develop it.

Most grateful for any answers.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

command X for explode once to a closed polyline

X twice to lines

the objects stay on the layer

unless you have something different and more information can be given

dave

Message 3 of 7

The _EXPLODE command is a destructive one, so beware of it, sir.

Since you're using Autocad Map, you should  _MAPEXPORT the mpolygons to a shapefile, then _MAPIMPORT the latter in a blank drawing (upon checking the flag "Import polygons as closed polylines").

Doing so, you get clean 2D polys preserving the original Object Data...

Message 4 of 7

Hello from France

When doing MAPIMPORT (from Surfaces / Closed Polygons) very often we have a very few MPOLYGONS (for example : Parcels/Buildings)

So I import surface object (like Parcels ou Buildings) with the option Creating standard Plines DISABLED !

But in fact 99.9 / 99.99% of the objects could be standard closed Plines ...

So I have a marvellous/beautiful French VLisp routine (written by a French developper) which analyses MPOLYGONs and if it's MPolygons (without any holes, and NOT multiple) the routine will create a good old closed Pline and then copy ODs (with COPY_OD.lsp routine) from the MPolygons to the created closed Pline !

And if you want the old MPolygons are deleted because now we have a Closed Plines ...

Do you want this routine ???

It's very very useful !!

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Many thanks!
It worked and simple enough for everyone to use. I settled to export to Autodesk SDF for our purpose.
Many many thanks. You solved my problem

H?lsningar Christer Justusson
Message 6 of 7

Hello Pat!
I'm most intrested in trying you LISP routine. Many people here are new to Autocad so I need to make it as simple as possible.
Many thanks in advance.

H?lsningar Christer Justusson
Message 7 of 7

Hey the MAP/CIVIL MPolygons Fanatics !

You will find a ZIP attached ... Thanks to Bruno V. (Bonuscad) for this beautiful routine !

I am using it very often !!

With the good old routine COPY_OD which must be preloaded before MP2LW :

So if it's done : the ODs (Object Datas) will be copied from MPolygons to created Plines ... 

So you load COPY_OD and then MP2LW and you can run the MP2LW routine ...

There is only one question ... I think you will be able to answer it !?

Please let me know if you have any problem !?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost