AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build Annotation Template to display 2D line length

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
452 Views, 4 Replies

How to build Annotation Template to display 2D line length

So I haven't done this in ages.  When building an annotation template, in the block editor (annotation editor etc..); how do you take the length of a 2D line or pline to be the display of my template?

Doing a water system map and it would be nice to have a line length with the ' symbol at the end rounded to the nearest foot on each length of pipe.

thanks so much

Dave in Milwaukee

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
phil_borycens
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dave,

You'll want to follow a process like this:

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2012/ENU/filesMTU/GUID-F786FFFA-3D45-4AB5-9170-2B92D0DAC4FE.htm

On step 9, look at the screenshot. You'll want to expand the Properties and/or Object Properties to take advantage of some of the built-in properties of your linework (like length).

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: phil_borycens

@borycep wrote:

Hi Dave,

You'll want to follow a process like this:

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2012/ENU/filesMTU/GUID-F786FFFA-3D45-4AB5-9170-2B92D0DAC4FE.htm

On step 9, look at the screenshot. You'll want to expand the Properties and/or Object Properties to take advantage of some of the built-in properties of your linework (like length).

Great Phil, now tell him how to do the second part and place the "foot" mark at the end and to round the length to whole numbers. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks so much for the help both of you. 

Murph, I found one of your old posts with some script to let me add the foot suffix on the end.  Thanks so much for the help.  The forums seem to deliver when no one else can figure it out.

I had forgotten about the MAPANNTEXT command as well.  Got it my word doc now with the commands I don't use often but forget. 

thanks again

Message 5 of 5
Murph_Map

@dudad wrote:

Thanks so much for the help both of you. 

Murph, I found one of your old posts with some script to let me add the foot suffix on the end.  Thanks so much for the help.  The forums seem to deliver when no one else can figure it out.

I had forgotten about the MAPANNTEXT command as well.  Got it my word doc now with the commands I don't use often but forget. 

thanks again

No problem there is also a way to round the length, ex. 124.567 = 124 with a few of the lisp functions if you need those ask.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost