AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

duanuys
Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)

How do you fill in polygons in 3D Space

261 Views, 1 Replies
07-16-2013 11:47 AM

For my job here I have a contoured map of a sand structure. I have converted that entire 2D map into a 3D map. Showing the elevation of the contours relative to the surface. I need to know how you can hatch or fill in with color the 3d polygons that are shaping the subsurface. When i try to hatch it, it works but it just pastes it at the surface at Z:0 and even if i bring that hatch down it won't form to the multidemnsional polygon that i am trying to cover. Can anyone help me? Here is a pic of what I am trying to do. 

The geen/blue is the fault plane i have been able to plot as well as shade in using 3D Face, but the problem I run into for the RED contour lines is that they are arcs and when i use 3D Face it doesn't allow it to bend to conform with the arc shape. 

*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 2 of 2 (238 Views)

Re: How do you fill in polygons in 3D Space

07-16-2013 02:44 PM in reply to: duanuys

Try the _LOFT command between the contours.

It won't be good-looking as a true Civil surface, but better than the.. rubbish you posted, sir.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community