AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i turn off the dashed grid that shows up on Gromap?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
JLStevens
1413 Views, 11 Replies

How do i turn off the dashed grid that shows up on Gromap?

Grid.JPG

When I turn Geomap on in Map 3D 2014 I get this above pictured scrolling grid. How do I turn it off? It’s so annoying! It must be some sort of setting as others in my office don’t have it. It’s not the regular grid that is stationary that you can turn off and on. It gets bigger as you scroll out and more condensed as you scroll in. It seems to only appear when I turn on Geomap, and appears in satellite, road and hybrid.  It’s hard to focus on my drawing with all these moving lines… please help!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Murph_Map
in reply to: JLStevens

Autocad grid ? What happens if you press F7? Are you using the same maps as others and assigned coordinate system?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 12
JLStevens
in reply to: Murph_Map

Its not the same grid as the one you can turn off and on with F7, I can have my gird on and these lines are still there. When I change the background color in options it changes the color of the lines. The others in the office are using the same coordinate system same map. Its the weirdest thing, its on every project every time I use geomap and seems to be only when I use geomap. Although the lines are the same color as the background so maybe they are back there and i just cant see them?

Message 4 of 12
JLStevens

Grid2.JPG Gird3.JPG

I decided to give another example to give a better idea of what I'm dealing with. The second image is with the AutoCAD grid on. I did notice that the lines are not square and seem to be angled just a bit like a world grid would be.  

Message 5 of 12
Murph_Map

Are you positive you are using the same image as others? It located on a network drive and everyone is pointing to the same file? 

The only thing I can think of is some how a referance grid was created in a layout and then something changed it from paperspace to model space. Can you select any part of the grid? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 12
JLStevens

Its just the bing Geomap underlay that you turn on through Autocad 360 the new but not improved project basejump. Its the background bing that doesn't plot, the images I'm including are just a screen shot. It turned on the first time I used Geomap and is there every time I use ir. Others in the office turn on Geomap and no grid. No you can not select it and it scrolls or scales according to the level of zoom. Its like a bad dream, i can't get away from them.

Grid 4.JPGZoomed out

Grid5.JPGZoomed in

Message 7 of 12
diane.cloutier

Hi JLStevens,

Does this grid show up if you add imagery other than the Bing map using the GEOMAP command?

Diane Cloutier
Message 8 of 12
JLStevens

No any photos or other imagry show up with out the lines, only geomap has lines.

Message 9 of 12
diane.cloutier

I am not sure what could be causing those grid lines to show up on the GEOMAP only.  One thing you could try though is running the Reset Settings to Default utility for AutoCAD Map 3D (can be found under the Start menu in the Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D program folder).  The utility will prompt you to back up your custom settings too, in the event that it does not solve the problem and you want to revert back.  Let me know if this works for you.

Diane Cloutier
Message 10 of 12

Hi,

turn off material acceleration (I'm not sure of english term, I use a french version) and geomap grid disappear.

Olivier 

Message 11 of 12
JLStevens

Thanks so much, you guys are a life saver!!!!!!

I reset and turned acceleration hardware on and the lines were still there. So then I reset and kept it off and the grid was gone WAHOO!!!!!.

Message 12 of 12
diane.cloutier

Glad to hear you got it resolved!

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost