AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heidi module load error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
phmurphy
16717 Views, 4 Replies

Heidi module load error

I keep getting a Heidi Module load error.  I have an old visiontek radeon 9600se video card and may need a new one but I can't find a list of compatible video cards with Map 2011.  Is the Heidi issue related to the video card?  Where can I find a list of compatible cards.  I have AGP and run XP.

Thanks,

Pat

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
phmurphy
in reply to: phmurphy

Once again I may have answered my own question.  I think that somehow my directx got disconnected and that caused the error.

The first step to fixing the problem was to see if I even had Directx installed:

Check DirectX

To determine which version of Microsoft Direct X you are running:

1. On the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, click Start, and then click Run.
  2. In the Run dialog box, type dxdiag
  3. Click OK.

A dialog box displays the version that you are running.

I went to the Display tab and found that the DirectDraw Acceleration had been disabled.  I enabled it and all is now OK with no Heidi errors.

Pat

Message 3 of 5
JMay_8

RE: Where can I find a list of compatible cards.  I have AGP and run XP.

I have had issues trying to locate this list in the past, but once you find it, it can be a great help.

You can find the list of Campitble Video Cards at the address below.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7107053&linkID=9240618

I hope this helps!

-J May

Message 4 of 5
DRPII

I found that turning "Hardware Acceleration" to "OFF" stopped the error from displaying. Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Message 5 of 5
JMay_8

Autodesk made a change...

The location of the Hardware Graphics List has been relocated, in addition they changed the interface of the list to a detailed search.

You can find the list here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

Hopefully this helps.

Take care,

-JMay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost