Valued Contributor
stevedb
Message 1 of 4 (307 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hatch edit, 2012, how do I...?

307 Views, 3 Replies
03-08-2012 11:59 AM

Hi all.

Just got 2012 the other day, and as I'm working through a few of the things, I wanted to know if it's possible to solve a specific problem. This has been a long standing issue, and I never quite solved it in 2007 or 2009's versions.

In the image below, I've got a circle that straddles a boundary for a hatch. I want to include a PART that circle as a hatch boundary. In the rectangular image benath the larger one, I've included it, and how have a hatch element included in the portion of the circle beneath my primary hatch boundary.

How do I prevent this from happening?

I did expand out the hatch window utility, and selected outer (as opposed to the default- inner), but that did not work either.

HatchEditA.JPG

TYIA

Valued Contributor
stevedb
Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)

Re: Hatch edit, 2012, how do I...?

03-16-2012 07:30 AM in reply to: stevedb

wow.... 43 views and not one response?

So, does this mean it cannot be done?

Or that the answer is so obvious to everyone else, and I'm just not seeing what's right in front of me?

Active Contributor
dwolford
Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

03-16-2012 07:50 AM in reply to: stevedb

Is the image below what you are trying to accomplish?  If so delete your current hatch.  Create a new hatch and select the empty spots above and below the thick polyline.  If you have to create multiple hatch objects.

Dan

hatch.png

Valued Contributor
stevedb
Message 4 of 4 (255 Views)

03-16-2012 08:03 AM in reply to: dwolford

Hi D.

Thank you very much for the response.

oh.... it does work..... :smileyembarrassed:

it didn't work that way in previous versions.

Thank you.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community