AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Earth to Map 3d

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
donsala
2675 Views, 9 Replies

Google Earth to Map 3d

Spanish:

Es posible importar o abrir archivos kmz (google earth) en autocad map 3d?

English:

You can import or open files kmz (google earth) in autocad map 3d?

saludos,
d.s.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
thepworth
in reply to: donsala

Yes, but you should look for the KML FDO Provider from http://sl-king.com/fdokml/fdokml.html.  It may not work if you're using a 64-bit machine.  You could work around with a FDO2FDO to convert the KML to SHP first.

Please update if you need more information.

Message 3 of 10
donsala
in reply to: thepworth

ok.
download the 7.7 version ...
how it works?

saludos,
d.s.
Message 4 of 10
thepworth

You've lost me with  7.7 version - of which software SL-King, or Google Earth?  to get SL-King's version working, follow their instructions from readme.txt:

For 2011 Map3D:

========================================================= FDO KingKML Provider Installation Notes ========================================================= ---------------------------------------------------------- 1. Installing the provider For Windows : 1.1 Install King.KML provider Copy the provider file (KingKmlProvider.dll and libexpat.dll) to the location of FDO libraries. On Windows, it would be in the \FDO subdirectory of where your MapGuide Server component is installed, e.g. C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO * Add an entry for the provider to the providers.xml file. <FeatureProvider> <Name>King.KML</Name> <DisplayName>King Provider for KML</DisplayName> <Description>Read/write access to spatial and attribute data in KML file</Description> <IsManaged>False</IsManaged> <Version>0.1.1.0</Version> <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.3.1.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion> <LibraryPath>KingKmlProvider.dll</LibraryPath> </FeatureProvider> Make sure you match the FDO version to whatever the other entries in the provider.xml are using (in this example it is 3.3.1.0). ---------------------------------------------------------- 2. Using the provider in MapGuide/Map Connecting to an KML data source in MapGuide Studio is done by creating a new Data Connection to the KingKML provider and setting connection properties. 1. File (Enter path to KML file)

Message 5 of 10
donsala

does not work,,,, I'm having problems I think is the software version 0.7.7 ...
these online?

saludos,
d.s.
Message 6 of 10
thepworth

can you post your machine configuration - what operating system, 32- vs 64-bit, & Map3D software version?  

Message 7 of 10
donsala

ok.
w7 32-bit,  and map 3d 2010

saludos,
d.s.
Message 8 of 10
thepworth

so from the SL-King website, I'd download the version v0.2.1 Windows 32-bit FDO 3.4.

The providers.xml entry is correct in the download for 3.4.0.0, so I'm not sure.

can you compress/.zip your .kml and I"ll take a look at it when I have some "free" time 🙂

Message 9 of 10
donsala

ok.
I am downloading the 0.2.2 version which is what is available.

attached the example of my kml.

saludos,
d.s.
Message 10 of 10
thepworth

I followed the readme instructions for the 3.4 provider, as I'm using 2011.  The KML came into Civil3D the same as my google earth... 

Has it worked for you?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost