AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch with "Explode Text" command?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jbloom
802 Views, 2 Replies

Glitch with "Explode Text" command?

When using the TXTEXP command to explode text in Map 2012, the resulting text/lines are 1/12th their original size and automatically move to a different location (see the attached jpg).  This behavior occurs in all drawings being edited in Map 2012 (my collegue who is still using 2011 has no problems exploding text, and neither did I until I upgraded to the new version...) 

Although the results are odd, they seem to be consistently odd in that 1) the text is always scaled down by 1/12th, and 2) the text/lines always move to the upper righthand portion of the viewscreen (Model or Paper space, doesn't matter), right below the Minimize/Restore Down/Close icons.  Using the explode text command via the ribbon vs. typing it makes no difference.  Fiddling with the original text properties (i.e. making it annotative, changing the orientation or Z coordinates, etc.) also makes no difference in the resulting lines.

Any insights in resolving this problem are greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
in reply to: jbloom

Try again! message body failure.

Forum as buggy as the software.

What I tried to post -

I get the exact same bug with Map3D 2011, unable to find a solution so, as with many other bugs with autodesk products I have to either work around the bugs or use other software to perform basic tasks.

Message 3 of 3
khuanchon
in reply to: jbloom

I just figured out how to solve this problem.

1. Use units command

2. Change drawing units to Unitless

3. Set direction to East (0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost