AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Geomap command will not load imagery

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
gjohnson
30005 Views, 18 Replies

Geomap command will not load imagery

When i type in the Geomap command, i get the option for Aerial, Hybrid, Road, off. No matter which selection i make, the imagery will not load. I go to someone elses machine and open the same drawing, the imagery loads.Am i missing a setting somewhere?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: gjohnson

Hi,

try to toggle hardware acceleration (command _3DCONFIG ==> manual tune) and if that does not help then try to either start with another AutoCAD profile or login to your Windows with another user account and try it there.

Let us know your test results then. šŸ˜‰

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 19
gjohnson
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you for your response. I had to rebuild my profile. works fine now.

Message 4 of 19
mgardner101102

I am experiencing the same problem.  I am unable to get any of the maps to load the imagery and when I start with a new, blank dwg file and select location, from map, I can not get the window to pop up for me to select the location.

Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 19

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

>> I can not get the window to pop up for me to select the location

Do you get the request for the file in the command-line instead?

If so you might set the sysvars FILEDIA and CMDDIA to 1.

If you are not asked for a filename, what does you Map3D do after starting the command? Does it hang, does it crash or is it just ready for the next command (like ignoring the current command?

BTW: how do you try to insert the image? Command _IMAGE or _MAPIINSERT or _MAPCONNECT?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 19
maxsun2

Hello,

In Civil 3D (C3d) 2015 geomap imagery will not work for me. 

I am signed in to Autodesk 360 as you can see at the top of the C3d window (maxsun2...) & also the blue icon (not greyed out) (the left icon) in the computer task bar. 

I have selected Aerial as shown on the command ribbon.

However, if I try to use the GEOMAPIMAGEUPDATE command, C3d does not think I am signed in.

I reboot this machine every day and have tried closing C3d & coming back in, to no avail.

Any thoughts on how to see the Geomap imagery?

Lory

A360_not_letting_geomap work.JPG

Message 7 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: maxsun2

Hi,

try the following steps: from the Windows taskbar - right side ==> right click the "Autodesk 360" icon ==> settings and logout.

Then start AutoCAD Map 3D again, login to A360 and see if GEOMAP now works as expected.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 19
maxsun2

Hello Alfred,

First  off, I didn't realize I posted in 'AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion'. 

I am using 'Civil 3D 2015'  Would that make a difference in how Geomap is supposed to be working? 

But...I did follow your instructions, except with the software I am using.

I went to the taskbar icon, right clicked, 'exit'ed.

Reopened Civil3d and had to 'sign out' there.  Exited Civil3d.

Once again reopened C3d, signed in to Autodesk360.

It 'reloaded my settings' or something like that.  Thought it was going to work.

No such luck.

Lory

Message 9 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: maxsun2

Hi,

>> I am using 'Civil 3D 2015'  Would that make a difference in how Geomap is supposed to be working?
GEOMAP in Civil 3D and Map 3D do the same, no difference.

>> I went to the taskbar icon, right clicked, 'exit'ed.

Not what I meant (but I have not described it enough), please do not exit A360, I meant to logout from A360 ... do that by right-click the A360 icon ==> Preferences ==> and now you get the dialog with the option to logout ==> now please logout.

Next step is to start Civil 3D and to test GEOMAP: create a new drawing, assign a CS and now start command _GEOMAP

Good luck & HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 19

Did you make a new account?

Message 11 of 19

Hi,

TO had answered that he resetted his AutoCAD profile.

But just to make sure: within the last days there are a lot of info's about Microsoft has changed something in the protocoll (SSL3) and so both, Microsoft and Autodesk are working on that currently >>>details<<<. So if you had access to bing maps and just now fails I guess you can't do anything now.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 12 of 19
djguinan

I had same problem and was left scratching my head. I access the net through a proxy server. Eventually solved it by resetting the proxy settings option in Autodesk360
Right Click 360 Icon > preferences > in the network option clicked reset
Message 13 of 19
s_vetal

Hi,

when I geomap my drawing, as soon as the bing map starts appearing my drawing disappears, although it is present there but becomes invisible.

Message 14 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: s_vetal

Hi,

@s_vetal

Which version and service pack of AutoCAD are you using?

Does anything work differently when you start command _GRAPHICSCONFIG and disable the hardware acceleration?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 15 of 19
s_vetal

Hi,

Thanx, I am using AutoCAD 2017.1.2 Update. I have not noticed any changes after disabling hardware acceleration off.

Message 16 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

did you install this hotfix >>>click<<<? (you should have got an information message about BingMaps changed API)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 17 of 19
s_vetal

Yes I have installed that hotfix. I have even tried to change display order.

Message 18 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

sorry to hear that.

I have found an AKN article describing some steps when BingMaps graphic is not shown. It's worth go go through >>>these steps<<<.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 19 of 19

Very helpful.  FileDIA set to 1 fixes issue with MAPIINSERT command

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost