AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Pathfinder Export to ESRI shapefile to load into AutoCAD Map

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1631 Views, 3 Replies

GPS Pathfinder Export to ESRI shapefile to load into AutoCAD Map

Anyone have experience using GPS Pathfinder to export to shapefile to load into AutoCAD.  I've done it before, but I messed up the Pathfinder software this time.  Using Pathfinder version 4.20

Opened Pathfinder, went Utilities (top tool bar)...Export and the Export popup came up.  Then accidently deleted "Sample ESRI shapefile" from the "Choose an Export Setup" drop down list.   Clicked the New button at the bottom.  Selected a new ESRI shapefile set up, clicked ok. 

What do I enter in the Export Setup Properties tabs? (tabs are Position Filter, Coord. System, ESRI Shapefile, Data, Outupt, Attributes, Units)  What were the values in the original "Sample ESRI shapefile?".  I tried not entering anything...the points can be exported to a shapefile, the shapefile can be loaded into AutoCAD map but there is no coordinate system (even if coordinate systesm is edited in AutoCAD) so the points are always shown at (0,0). 

Also tried uninstalling Pathfinder on my computer and then using the original CD to reinstall.  Still not showing Sample ESRI Shapefile after reinstalling. How does the CD not reinstall clean?  Have turned the computer off and on between deleting and reinstalling. 

PDF attached with screen shots 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

projection files, "*.prj" are generic. If you dont have arcmap, steal one from another shapefile in the same datum / zone and then rename it to match the filename of your shapefile, then drop it in the folder.

Message 3 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have no .PRJ to "steal", you can inject the right one in the shape, by means of the opensource Mapwindow...
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

wow, that project has come a long way. I like it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost