AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Followed error report feedback & now 'Open' command not working right

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pmcatnip
657 Views, 7 Replies

Followed error report feedback & now 'Open' command not working right

I know this sounds silly, but any help would be appreciated.  I'm not as tech savvy as many people here and have only learned AutoCAD recently.

Today I was trying to export a mapbook to a .dwf using the Output-->Export command for all the layouts.  It gave me a fatal error message, closed CAD and brought up the error message reporting window.  I sent in the error report.  The feedback told me that it doesn't have a solution, and something to the effect of 'We noticed your 2011 Map 3D library hasn't been updated.  We suggest updating it.  That might help.'  I clicked the link for that and since then have the following problem:

When you click the open file button, normally it brings up a window to browse through folders and find your file.  Now, the command line says "Enter name of drawing to open <.>" and I have to type in the filepath.  Since I don't have all of my filepaths memorized this is a serious nuisance.

Again, I know this sounds silly, but any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Sinc
in reply to: pmcatnip

This is probably the single-most asked question...

FILEDIA gets reset sometimes when Autocad crashes.  Set it back to 1.

A lot of people add lines to their acaddoc.lsp file to reset FILEDIA, CMDDIA, and ATTDIA to 1.  From time to time, I've seen all three of these get reset during a crash.  FILEDIA is by far the most common, though.  If you add some lines to your acaddoc.lsp file to set them all to 1, you (probably) won't ever see this problem again.

Sinc
Message 3 of 8
pmcatnip

Thank you Sinc.  Editing the .lsp doesn't seem to have done anything but resetting it on the command line worked.

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
Message 4 of 8
Sinc

The acad.lsp file is only executed when Autocad first starts up, and the acaddoc.lsp file is only executed when you open a drawing.  The acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp files also have to be in a directory in your Support path (in OPTIONS) in order to work.

Sinc
Message 5 of 8
Murph_Map

@pmcatnip wrote:

I know this sounds silly, but any help would be appreciated.  I'm not as tech savvy as many people here and have only learned AutoCAD recently.

Today I was trying to export a mapbook to a .dwf using the Output-->Export command for all the layouts.  It gave me a fatal error message, closed CAD and brought up the error message reporting window.  I sent in the error report.  The feedback told me that it doesn't have a solution, and something to the effect of 'We noticed your 2011 Map 3D library hasn't been updated.  We suggest updating it.  That might help.'  I clicked the link for that and since then have the following problem:

When you click the open file button, normally it brings up a window to browse through folders and find your file.  Now, the command line says "Enter name of drawing to open <.>" and I have to type in the filepath.  Since I don't have all of my filepaths memorized this is a serious nuisance.

Again, I know this sounds silly, but any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Even after you did the update to the material library you may get the same reply back just FYI, I reported that as bug back after the software was released. Also if you open the mapbook with the SSM tools you can publish it there and not have to use the export to dwf command.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 8
pmcatnip
in reply to: Sinc

I closed the program, edited the .lsp, and reopened CAD.  It didn't fix the problem.  There wasn't an acaddoc.lsp file so I created one, that didn't work so I tried editing acad2011doc.lsp and acad.lsp, with lots of closing and reopening CAD, and none of these fixed it.  The files are all in the support folder, and I made acad.lsp earlier as a solution to a different problem and it worked, so I don't know why this didn't work.  But resetting it on the command line did work so there's that at least.

Murph, I don't understand your suggestion for publishing the mapbook without the export tool.  (Sorry, newbie here.)  I'm interested in it though, can you expand the explanation please?  Thank you.

Message 7 of 8
Sinc

@pmcatnip wrote:

I closed the program, edited the .lsp, and reopened CAD.  It didn't fix the problem.  There wasn't an acaddoc.lsp file so I created one, that didn't work so I tried editing acad2011doc.lsp and acad.lsp, with lots of closing and reopening CAD, and none of these fixed it.  The files are all in the support folder, and I made acad.lsp earlier as a solution to a different problem and it worked, so I don't know why this didn't work.  But resetting it on the command line did work so there's that at least.

Murph, I don't understand your suggestion for publishing the mapbook without the export tool.  (Sorry, newbie here.)  I'm interested in it though, can you expand the explanation please?  Thank you.

You shouldn't edit acad2011doc.lsp.

The only way it should fail to work is if there's another another acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp file that is being loaded instead of the one you expect.  You can determine if that is the issue by typing a line like

(findfile "acad.lsp")

at the command line.

Inside the acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp file, you should have a line like this:

(setvar "filedia" 1)

Sinc
Message 8 of 8
Murph_Map

@pmcatnip wrote:

When you create the mapbook, right click on the mapbook name on the Mapbook tab, select Publish to dwf, it will ask you to save a **dst file click ok. Now anytime you want to open that mapbook you can use either the open file command or the SSM (sheet set Manager) to open then plot to dwf any or all the layouts.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost