AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Open Dialog Box file name selection

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
dgward
924 Views, 9 Replies

File Open Dialog Box file name selection

When I go to the file open dialog box and start typing in a file name the the file name box it does not show a list of drawings that match the search in the file name box. See below

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: dgward

Hi,

as long as you type while your focus is in the file-name-textbox it's normal that nothing changes in the list of the files.

You have two chances:

• type e.g. JF-E-005*.dwg in the filename-textbox (then <ENTER>) ==> that will filter the list of filenames matching to the string you typed in ..... or
  • set the focus to the list of files (not to the textbox below) and type the starting-characters to get the files that match the first characters of the filename to the characters you typed.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
dgward
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

This did not work. It will not show any files

Message 4 of 10
dgward

I also have reset AutoCad to the default settings and that did not make any changes to the file selection.

Message 5 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> This did not work

Which of the two options don't work?

Just to make sure: look to the video I created/I attached and try to follow the steps like I did. If that does not work on your pc, try another pc or another Windows-login-user on your pc. If you have the option to create a video let's see how it does (not) work on your workstation.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 10
dgward

Both options did not work.

I watched your video and this is the way it use to work but does not work now.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

and does the problem also persist on another pc or with another user-login on your pc?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 10
dgward

We only have stand-alone pc's. The other computers with AutoCAD work fine.

Message 9 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

and another user-login on the same computer?

If that makes a difference you could try to export the profile from the other user-account and import it for the AutoCAD in your user-account.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 10
dgward

Alfred,

The problem only exsist on this computer.

We decided it had to be a issuse with the OS (Windows 7) so reformated the drive, reinstalled windows and reinstalled AutoCAD. This took care of the problem and so far everything is working fine. Thanks for you help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost