AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Dialog box freeze while FILEDIA=1

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Harry1955
884 Views, 10 Replies

File Dialog box freeze while FILEDIA=1

Hello, After installing Autocad Map 3D 2011, it was possible to open and save 1 drawing. After that it's not possible to open a drawing, or save an new drawing The FILEDIA=1, all of the computer drivers are up to date and Aero Peak is disabeld. Hardware: Laptop HP ProBook 450 What can it be ???????
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hence_the_name
in reply to: Harry1955

Hi,

could you be more specific and explain why it is not possible. What exactly happens  when you try to open/save a drawing?

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 11
Harry1955
in reply to: hence_the_name

Hi Rob,
When i click on the icon open file, in THE commandline _open is shown. After that nothing happens. When ii click on THE window, i get the message autocad is not responding!

Verstuurd vanaf Harry's iPhone
Message 4 of 11
hence_the_name

Hi Harry,

can you open a drawing by double clicking on the file in Windows explorer?

Can you log in with a different user account on your PC and try to start up Map?

Rob

Message 5 of 11
Harry1955

Hello Rob,

When i double click on a drawing, it opens correctly.

_qsave works also, but _saveas and _save not !

Thanks for your support.

Harry

Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you have set FILEDIA to 1 and start _OPEN, does AutoCAD get in none-respondig state or, when you press <ESC> does it come back?
if second option my guess is that the filedialog is opened, but outside your screen, pressing now <ALT><SPACE> opens the dialog for a modal window, then press <M> for option "move" and last but not least use your keybord cursors left/right/up/down to move the window so it get's displayed.

If AutoCAD go's in a state that even <ESC> after _OPEN does not help, save your customizations and reset the AutoCAD profile (from Windows start menu).

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 11
Harry1955
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi, When i double click on a drawing file, it's opend in Autocad. After saving the drawing, the window is freezed and the Esc-button is not working. When i reset the Profile IN Autocad, i managed to save the drawing ONE TIME. After that i have the same problem. I reset the full profile, with a procedure i found on the Internet: 1.Navigate to: “%appdata%\Autodesk” 2.For the Autodesk product with which you are having a problem, append the word “OLD” to that folder 3.Navigate to “%localappdata%\Autodesk” 4.For the Autodesk product with which you are having a problem, append the word “OLD” to that folder 5.Open Regedit 6.Navigate to HKCU\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\ 7.If you have more than one AutoCAD product, you’ll see a variety of R1x.x numbers. These correspond to different AutoCAD releases, with the major number incrementing when a new DWG format is released. For a specific list, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoCAD 8.Expand the version you’re concerned with, and you will see a key for each product within that release. For example: 9.Right click on that key, and choose Export. Save this as a backup in case something goes wrong. 10.Now delete that key that you just exported. This is also NOT WORKING ! With desperate regards, Harry
Message 8 of 11
hence_the_name

Hi Harry,

can you log in on your computer with a differnet windows account and see what happens when you start Map?

If it works properly with a different user accoutn you have narrowed down the cause to something specific with your windows user profile.

If you have the same issue again - deinstall Map (there are instructions on how to perform a clean deinstallation), check if Windows is up to date, then reinstall Map.

Rob

Message 9 of 11
Harry1955

Hi Rob, I have the same problems, with an other account. I have autocad already reinstalled, but I'll do it again. I'll search first for a good reinstallation instruction. Thanks...... With regards, Harry
Message 10 of 11
Harry1955

Hello,

After reinstallation, the first time, de save dialog works, after that not any more.

Is it possible that my user profile file is corrupt ?

With regards,

Harry Nakken

Message 11 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

from message 7

>> When i reset the Profile IN Autocad, i managed to save the drawing ONE TIME. After that i have the same problem

from message 10

>> After reinstallation, the first time, de save dialog works, after that not any more.

Seems like AutoCAD has troubles saving data into the registry, that might be a problem from a Windows user profile or a problem with your local permissions.

Try to get an admin, then right-click the AutoCAD link on the desktop and use option "start as administrator" ==> do you now have a chance with the file-open dialog?

If that does not work again, then ask the admin to get (temporary) admin permissions (local) and to disable your antivirus software (that might also block registry write access) and see if that works.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost