AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature label question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ScottTech12
287 Views, 1 Reply

Feature label question

I’ve recently acquired a seat of Map3d 2014 and I’m attempting to create a map for my municipality. I have my files in and the base map created with all my features. I have a couple .shps with this problem but I’ll use my Roads.shp for an example. Within the shape file that is the county’s roads we have several paths that have no type of name and are more or less old trails. Within the data source the value for these items reads “NULLS” I want the line work associated with these to show, however when I label these its attaching “text” to everything that doesn’t have a value in the field I choose.  Is there a way to label only the items that have a real value and have it skip or do away with these hundreds of “texts” for null values?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

within the styles of that gis-layer create two rules:

- one for Textvalue NULL ==> do your linestyle setting here ("Textvalue" stands for the field you like to use for labels)

- another one for "Standard" (all the rest) ==> there you can set the linestyle + the labels (as the rest means here textvalue is valid and can be used for labeling.

2013-10-29 16-01-28.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost