AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Labels - toggling on and off in different viewports

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
adw1975
819 Views, 4 Replies

Feature Labels - toggling on and off in different viewports

Hi all,

Was wondering if it is at all possible to turn the feature labels on and off in seperate viewports in the same drawing for imported mapping layers shown in the display manager in AutoCad Map 3D.

I have two seperate viewports setup in my drawing of different scales (one is a locality plan the other is a detail plan) and I want to be able to turn of the mapping objects in the locality plan vieport and only show them in my detail plan viewport.

Thanks in advance

Aeron

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: adw1975

style for the layer.  set the label as you want it in the detail view, duplicate it and remove the text from the duplicate, then set the scale range from o to the scale at which the text is to hide in the range with the text and from that scale to infinity in the range without the text visible. when you zoom in & out past the range break the text will appear or hide.

You can also split the ranges to small intervals so the text appears different within several ranges ie 1000 to 1002 blue text 12 point and 1002 to 1004 red text bold 9 poimt with a different label if you want to show different information at those scale ranges.

dave

Message 3 of 5
thepworth

This is an item I put on the wishlist over a year ago - vote for it 🙂 or add it again...

Message 4 of 5
adw1975
in reply to: parkr4st

Thanks Dave,

That solved the issue for me, much appreciated.

On another question to a similar proplem with labels:

Is it possible to have seperate viewports within the same drawing showing the same labels but at different rotations. This would be helpful where I have two split views following a road alignment (where north obviously isn't always up the page) and need to show the same labels but horizontal to the sheet in each viewport.

Cheers

Aeron

Message 5 of 5
thepworth

I tried something similar in the past, but didn't finish that project.  My thoughts would be 1) the style lables are all hard-coded at the rotation angle assigned 2) you can add/copy the theme and have silghtly different scale factors to control visibility 3) if you use dynamic annotation you have more control over label placement. 

If you use dynamic annotation (which is completely different from style lables), you can extract out or set a rotation angle, but I never carried through to apply the saved rotation angle to the text rotation angle.  Case in point I was trying to align fire hydrant blocks to be "normal" to the feed line.  What is important to note is that if you work with the rotation angle in AD products, "for international purposes" it saves angles in radians versus degrees.

Best of Luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost