AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO and Xref

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rkmcswain
371 Views, 2 Replies

FDO and Xref

@Murph_Map - I have the same question as the OP here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D-General/xref-file-with-FDO/td-p/2360872

My answer to your first question is that I have to scale the entities in the SHP file. The thought here being - drag+drop the SHP into a new empty drawing, save, xref it into another drawing and apply a scale factor to the xref. But as the OP in that thread asked, why do the "MAPBULKFEATURE" objects not show up through an xref?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: rkmcswain

My guess would be with FDO you are connecting to the data/features and can edit then (most times), change the attributes in the table and geometry live. When you xref a dwg with a FDO connection that live connection is broken or not existing, therefore not displaying the features. With FDO it loads the data upon opening the main dwg, and the only thing saved in the dwg, is the connection/link to the FDO files. Looks like we need the FDO developers to start talking to the Xref developers and active the link.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks Murph. I won't hold my breath on your last point.
I just ended up using MapImport. Take a bit longer, but with better long term results.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost