AutoCAD Map 3D General

ohlsen1980
Message 1 of 2 (387 Views)

FDO Datastore with PostgreSQL Provider

387 Views, 1 Replies
06-26-2012 05:55 AM

Hello,

i am trying to create a new datastore in a postgresql database (with postgis extension) using postgresql fdo provider, shipped with autocad. I created a new connection an selected the option "add new datastore" in the drop down menu. But in the next window i cannot enter a password for the new datastore. If i continue, it only creates the datastore (database) in postgresql, but not the necessary f_* tables for fdo schema. But these tables are essential, if you want to export via "mapexportfdo". If i do these steps in oracle, everything works fine. It creates FDO schema tables in a new oracle schema and then i can export from autocad using "mapexportfdo". I am using Autocad Map 2012 (i  tried 2013 as well) with postgresql 9.1 and postgis 1.5. FDO version is 3.6.0. Can anyone reproduce this? Isnt it possible to use "mapexportfdo" at all with postgresql provider?

Thanks in advance...

ohlsen1980
Message 2 of 2 (357 Views)

Re: FDO Datastore with PostgreSQL Provider

06-29-2012 09:02 AM in reply to: ohlsen1980

No ideas? Can anyone reproduce this behaviour?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community