AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO Datastore with PostgreSQL Provider

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ohlsen1980
825 Views, 2 Replies

FDO Datastore with PostgreSQL Provider

Hello,

i am trying to create a new datastore in a postgresql database (with postgis extension) using postgresql fdo provider, shipped with autocad. I created a new connection an selected the option "add new datastore" in the drop down menu. But in the next window i cannot enter a password for the new datastore. If i continue, it only creates the datastore (database) in postgresql, but not the necessary f_* tables for fdo schema. But these tables are essential, if you want to export via "mapexportfdo". If i do these steps in oracle, everything works fine. It creates FDO schema tables in a new oracle schema and then i can export from autocad using "mapexportfdo". I am using Autocad Map 2012 (i  tried 2013 as well) with postgresql 9.1 and postgis 1.5. FDO version is 3.6.0. Can anyone reproduce this? Isnt it possible to use "mapexportfdo" at all with postgresql provider?

Thanks in advance...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ohlsen1980
in reply to: ohlsen1980

No ideas? Can anyone reproduce this behaviour?

Message 3 of 3
satish.bonala
in reply to: ohlsen1980

hi..

did u get any solution to export autocad objects to postgresql. i am able to create new data store from auto cad map 2018 an connected to database. but , when i use mapexportfdo command i am not able to see connection information in mapexportfdo information in window. 

please help me out if you find the solution

Regards

Satish

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost