AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO 3.5 and Map 2010

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nsummitt
632 Views, 6 Replies

FDO 3.5 and Map 2010

Is there any way to update to FDO 3.5 with Autocad Map 2010?  I am currently crashing in the double digits per day when i try to resample the raster from the map task pane.  It seems that there are a lot of nice features for Map but none of them seem to get fixed until the next release, which has to be paid for.  Smells like fishy business practices.....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: nsummitt

Have you tried the same raster in a trial version of Map3d 2011 on the same workstation? The 2010 version is stable provided you have a workstation that has the resources. The raster from data connect is taxing you video pretty good. What video card/drivers are you using? Is MAPPLOTTRANSPARENCY on? What part of the raster FDO do you use for the image that can not be done with the original image insert with map?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 7
nsummitt
in reply to: Murph_Map

i am not using the raster fdo.  you are correct when you say they are a resource hog.  We are using a wms server connection.  It doesn't appear to matter what state's gis i connect to (oklahoma and north dakota both react the same).  And we have a better chance at teaching water to flow up hill then to shell out more money for an already iffy move to map.

Message 4 of 7
nsummitt

and it is only autocad that locks up... i have to kill the application with thru the task manager.  I am able to use any other program on my computer while autocad does this albeit i am only using one of my two cores due to acad.exe taking up the other one.  BTW i have let this run all night to see if would come out of the frozen state, and nope it didn't.  I have all seen the resample raster work in under two seconds on the same file and imagery.

Message 5 of 7
nsummitt
Message 6 of 7
Murph_Map

@nsummitt wrote:

i am not using the raster fdo.  you are correct when you say they are a resource hog.  We are using a wms server connection.  It doesn't appear to matter what state's gis i connect to (oklahoma and north dakota both react the same).  And we have a better chance at teaching water to flow up hill then to shell out more money for an already iffy move to map.

Have you looked at your network connections? If I'm not mistakes (which is possible) every time you refresh a WMS or WMF connection it is going out to that web server and downloading the data again. Check the network connections in the task pane and see if it's activite.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 7
nsummitt
in reply to: Murph_Map

Internet and web services are functioning in all programs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost