AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: unable to load acdb resource files

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Mistress0fTheDorkness
20072 Views, 9 Replies

FATAL ERROR: unable to load acdb resource files

I just installed map 05.
when I try to run the program, I get the error FATAL ERROR: unable to load acdb resource files
I had this problem with vanilla 2005, but, I don't know exactly what it was that needed to be fixed.

I believe it is a path setting in the enviroment variables section of Systems. I know I am not the only one to have experienced this problem, but, I am getting no help elsewhere, does anybody know how I can fix this!?!!?!?!?

win XP, admin rights
here is the variable path for your perusal
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SystemRoot%\system32\nls;%SystemRoot%\system32\nls\ENGLISH;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared;C:\Program Files\Autodesk Map 3D 2005;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Map 3D 2005

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Okay, we still don't know what the cause of this was, but, I will post the solution.
I had to copy the acdb16.dll and acdb16enures.dll files from the common files autodesk shared folder into the map program folder, and now she is working just fine.
(the environment variable path setting is pointing to the shared files, just isn't recognizing it for some reason.)

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 10

I had the same problem installing Architectural Desktop 2005 and AutoCAD 2005. Thanks to this message, I'm able to get it running.

Thanks.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mistress0fTheDorkness

Well, glad that my misery was of help to someone. ;) Just for the record, I never did get MAP installed on another PC, ended up breaking down and putting vanilla 05 on it. That stinks. "tomdillenbeck" wrote in message news:221153.1088727438499.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I had the same problem installing Architectural Desktop 2005 and AutoCAD 2005. Thanks to this message, I'm able to get it running. > > Thanks.
Message 5 of 10

Dear wanderer,
I am trying to open a dwg file on my desktop( ACAD 2006) as a url. The file is accessible but I get this 'FATAL ERROR: Unable to load acdb resource file'. In your reply dated May21, 2004 you mentioned that the two files 'acdb16.dll and acdb16enures.dll' needed to be copied to some where else. Where would I copy them to if I don't have a specific folder like the map program folder in your case.
Could you please forward me details of your post of your solution?

Thanks
Raj
Message 6 of 10

When you get tired of the FATAL ERRORS....you must decided to "repair or reinstall".
You ask yourself...well....which one is better? If you DO NOT want to redo the activation code....and you DO NOT want to re-activate your program.

THEN YOU HAVE NO CHOICE....REPAIR!!!

Go to "Add/Remove Program" in the Control Panals...searched for the AutoCAD program.....clicked the uninstall button...and chose "REPAIR".

Now it should work. And...if it still ERRORS....then YOU HAVE NO CHOICE...REINSTALL!!!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mistress0fTheDorkness

i have also same problem please replay me

Message 8 of 10

Message 9 of 10
kachhumns07
in reply to: kachhumns07

i have also same prblm

Message 10 of 10

Hi,

>> i have also same prblm

Using Map3D 2005? Windows XP as operating system?

If yes ... what have you tried from the above suggestions?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost