AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrusion command procedure

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
navathayerram2002
1646 Views, 8 Replies

Extrusion command procedure

Shape file with the height as an attribute data is imported in Autocad map3D. Can these polygons be extruded at a stretch taking the height given in the attribute?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Yes. With an alter property query.

http://map3d.wordpress.com/2009/08/17/putting-3d-back-in-map3d/

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 9

Thank u very much for ur reply...... I have some doubts when i was executing the procedure that was given in the site. How can i write a LISP expressions and also the elevation is varying elevation for different polygons. I am attaching the shapefile where the blocks have to be extruded to the height given in the attribute table.

Message 4 of 9

1. Open a new blank dwg.  Use mapiport to import the shape file and create object data during the import, make sure you check the box to create closed polylines from polygons.

2. Save that dwg and close it.

3. Open a new dwg or your project dwg. Use the maps dwg attach commad to attach the dwg you create in step 1. (Not Xref attach)

4. Create a query using location = all, and alter properties. in the alter properties section use the expression  :Elevation1@gpallyCopy.

5. Run the query in draw mode.

Query.png

Murph
Message 5 of 9

Thanks a lot.  U are a saviour for me. 

Can u tell me how can i model a roof the extruded drawing. I need to model a tatched roof(inclined) like a hut. Please

Message 6 of 9

Also i have a doubt regarding the query that was made. After we run the query we get the extruded polylines. We have to hatch it and then can be seen as polygons. Now can this can be saved. I mean can this dwg can be saved as polygons only?  Will these stay as polygons when i open in Arc Map?

Message 7 of 9

1. You will have to model the roofs on each one individually with the 3d modeling tools in AutoCAD.

2. They are not extruded plines and not a 3d solid/surface object they are a 2d polyline with a thickness.

3. The dwg once saved is a standard AutoCAD dwg file, other than the object data it acts just like any other dwg file.

4. If you are wanting 3d objects in E$RI why not use the 3D analysis module and ArcInfo?

Murph
Message 8 of 9

I have tried using Arc Scene and i got the 3D model. But the texture modeelling and also the exact shape modelling is not not comming there. I have used google sketch up for roof modelling. But the problem is that from some of the houses which are not exactly rectangle or sqare the roof is not comming properly. And hence i studied on paper where 3D modelling can be done in autocadd map#d or Civil 3D. 

Message 9 of 9
azizulalamtoton
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hello, Thanks for your tutorial. I am following the whole process. But I failed. My data contain huge structure (Not lower like 10 as you mentioned in tutorial). Now I could not understand on thing. That is,

"First thing I did was assign a color to each layer, then hatched each closed polyline.  I then linked each hatch to the same record as the polylines. I did this manually seeing there were only 10 it wasn’t too much of a task."

I need not color it. SO skipped that step. But how could I link a huge number of hatch to the same record as the polylines? I even tried to liked one record but failed to do that. Could you say how to link OD of a shapefile to huge ammount of hatches (500 structure)?

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost