AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting shp file from AutoCad Map 3D 2012 x64

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
stevenwhite
645 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting shp file from AutoCad Map 3D 2012 x64

Started having a problem when I export out a line in AutoCad to a shapefile. ArcMap can't open because the files don't match and whne I try to read it in AutoCad, I get the same basic message.

There was a problem accessing the connection's schema information.

The file 'L:\REFERENCE_MATERIAL\New-Connects\BTMR-08-02-TEM.dbf' is corrupt or does not have the same number of objects as the file 'L:\REFERENCE_MATERIAL\New-Connects\BTMR-08-02-TEM.shx'.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I would be careful using 14 characters as filename for a shape (it 's an very old styled format, used in times for dos with 8.3 filename-structure).

Then you should always remove the IDX-file if you transfer SHP-data between different software-packages.

And just to make sure, there are some applications that see differences between lower- and uppercase-characters in the filename. So if you have a file A.SHP, a.shx and a.dbf ==> the files are not recognized to belong together, they have to have the same letters for all three filenames (at least 3 files).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost