AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting headings from feature data table?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ltmullen
728 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting headings from feature data table?

I found out you can export the data table of feature properties from an SDF connection by choosing Options > Select All and then Options > Export and obtained a .csv file I was able to bring in Excel...but there are no headings for the data. Is anyone aware of a way to export the column headings as well?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
poulet1212
in reply to: ltmullen

Hi,

I guess you can mapexportfdo your layer to a shape file, providing first a shp connection in the data connectivity window. From there you can open the .dbf file created along with the shape file into MS Excel.

If you want to have more control over the format and the content of the data you want to export, I suggest you the following:

- Right click your layer and export to SQLite.

- Use another tool to transform SQLite to XLS file, for example, ogr2ogr.

You could use FWTools to do this:

http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=ogr_cheatsheet

for example the command would be:

-- transforming SQLite to XLS file

ogr2ogr -f "XLSX" output.xlsx LAC.sqlite

And that's it. I know you would like AUtocad to do this, but think about it, next time you will need maybe another format or another option, so it's worth using it 🙂

Hope it helps

Message 3 of 3
AlbertKalman5692
in reply to: ltmullen

The trick is save sdf Schema as xsd file (xml file), click Map Explorer > right click to sdf Schema > Edit SchemaExport Schema

open it in the excel, you will find your field name in one column, copy all column, in another cell Paste Special ... check Transpose . Then insert this row in exported list as first row. Smiley Wink

Albert Kalman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost