AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export map in .fbx format

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lorenzo.gr90
840 Views, 4 Replies

Export map in .fbx format

Hi, I'm new of autocad map 3d and I have a problem. I have created a map using some DTED files and now I need to use it in 3ds max, so I must export it in .fbx format but I'm not able to do this, because Autocad says to me that I must convert the map in 3D object. So my question is: What I have to do to export the map in .fbx format??

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lorenzo.gr90
in reply to: lorenzo.gr90

Pleaseeee, Help me!!! 😞

Message 3 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: lorenzo.gr90

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

If I remember well, an Export (FBX format) can be done only with Real 3D ACAD Objects

Real means : ACAD 3D Volumes and maybe ACAD 3D Surfaces ...

Sorry, Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
lorenzo.gr90
in reply to: braudpat

First of all thank you for your reply,so I can't do that? When I try to export the map in .fbx format the program says to me that I must convert the 2D object in a 3D object by increasing the thickness and setting it to a different value from 0. How can I do that? 

Thank you 

Lorenzo

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

you can try to create elevation contours with Map3D, import then these contours as AutoCAD-polylines, save that as drawing and import these polylines then to 3DS-Max.

Within 3DS you can then create a new surface based on that polylines.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost