AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Cogo Point Nested Data

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
tpcc79
2203 Views, 12 Replies

Export Cogo Point Nested Data

I'm looking for any ideas on how I can export the nested data of Cogo Points. I need to get them into a spreadsheet.

I have tried exporting a .shp file and opening the .dbf file in excel, however, it only seems to export the data field of the table and not the value.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: tpcc79

Hi,

>> it only seems to export the data field of the table and not the value

The problem is that you can't export Civil-objects with _MAPEXPORT, the next problem is when you convert the Civil-Point objects to Block-objects ... the objectdata-information is lost.

I assume that you have some tools or apps that have assigned these objectdata ot the Civil-points, ask the company for a small tool that does this export to an ascii-file for you. I think that's the fastest way.

For the future: yes, you have Map3D-technology built in in Civil3D, but don't mix the functionality like objectdata or topology. Either Civil3D-objects, then no objectdata (except you do development) or plain AutoCAD-geometry and then yes, objectdata, topology ... is allowed. You see e.g. in the function that built blocks from Civil-points that the objectdata is lost .... and that is the same for most of the Civil3D objects.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 13
parkr4st

what software are you using? 

I checked your point in Map3d 2013.  you have an autocad proxy entity which does not export.

Message 4 of 13
Neil47

Open a new drawing and attach the existing drawing using ADEDRAWINGS, then run a query to create a report file based upon the OD records. The one issue you will have is that your E, N object data has the thousand values separated by a comma which will read through to the csv file.

Message 5 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Neil47

Hi,

@Neil47

>> Open a new drawing and attach the existing drawing using ADEDRAWINGS,

>> then run a query to create a report file based upon the OD records

You are able to query Civil3D points ???

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 13
Neil47
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

These are Cogo Points but with a normal Object Data tables attached. I've queried for Location, E and N from the OD tables in both Map3D 2012 and Civil 2010 and got the following

Woleebee Creek,770,620.708,7,090,612.848

The comma separating the thousand values in the co-ordinates doesn't help

Message 7 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Surprising!

I tried to query for X1,Y1,Z1 (to get the insertion point) and then some OD-fields and besides of an error message I just get the three BlockReferences exported, but no objectdata and no Civil3D-point.

(If I remove the X1,Y1,Z1 I also don't get the Civil3D-point exported)

Just tried with Civil3D 2012

That's my query-report-settings

2012-04-16 13-10-52.png

And that is my result:

124,9045063368394;195,79620874859393;0;;
453448,99888590147;7081922,7257119277;0;;
453448,99888590147;7081922,7257119277;0;;

BTW: what is your last value with 612.848, I can't imagine where this come from?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 13
Neil47
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I didn't query the insertion point.  My query was based on

Location = ALL

Layer = PLI-WUG

and the report template settings 

Capture.PNG

The N value in the OD table is 7,090,612.848 which is where the thousands separator comes in, should be read as 7090612.848

Message 9 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I really don't know what's going on.

Now I tried Civil3D2013, did not use the insertion corrds, just some objectdata-fields (like you) and the filter to layer you mentioned and the result (in the command line) is:

0 Objects were queried

I give it up for the moment (to few time), I'm wondering that you get a result as I never had a chance to query Civil3D-objects. But you can and that lets me think that I'm doing wrong. ;(

Anyway .. thanks for doing that tests with me! 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 13
tpcc79

This is exactly what I need, however, when I run my query, in the command line it comes up 0 objects queried. I have used the adedrawings function in a new job. Not sure why it isn't working.....

Message 11 of 13
Neil47

It's strange that you're having the same problem as Alfred. If it helps I have tried both Map 2012 and Civil 2010 both on Win7 64bit

The query will not draw the cogo point but does find the annotation templates in the dwg file. When I set the query to report and set the query as shown below the fields write correctly from the attached drawing file.

This morning I did

Current Query

AND Property: LAYER = PLI-WUG

Report Template

:LOCATION@stringer

:Att_8@stringer

and the report generated

Woleebee Creek,WOL-FF-W-0008-1149

Message 12 of 13
tpcc79

Yes it is very strange that you are able to do it. I'm running Civil3D 2012 onXP  32bit. I have tried using 'blank' drawing templates, still with no success

Message 13 of 13
Neil47

Does the cogo point display if you do Quick View after attaching? It displays for me. As a test, also run -purge to get rid of any regapps to see if anything is getting in the way of the query

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost