AutoCAD Map 3D General

fantonio
Message 1 of 4 (234 Views)

Exeception errors when opening and closingfiles

234 Views, 3 Replies
02-16-2013 08:37 PM

Hello everyone,

This is my first time to post on this forum :-)

I am no expert in AutoCAD Map3D, but as a IT Technician, I am responsable for installing and configuring the application.

I just did an upgrade from AutoCADMap3D 2012 -->2013. For the two users that I did the installation, they have been getting this error "Exception in command ARX covsrvechelle19.arx" screenshot attached.

The dxf file they are trying to access is on the network drive. With Map3D2012 they have never experienced this problem. I installed AutoCAD SP1 but the problem still persisted.

Please advice !!

Thanks in advance,

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (219 Views)

Re: Exeception errors when opening and closingfiles

02-17-2013 02:35 AM in reply to: fantonio

Hi,

>> I installed AutoCAD SP1

You can't install a servicepack for AutoCAD on top of AutoCAD Map3D, didn't you get an errormessage when trying this?

Or have you installed the SP1 for AutoCAD Map3D (as the current SP for AutoCAD is known as SP1.1?

Does the problem only appear with that single file? If so: open it with 2012, save it as DWG and open the DWG then in 2013.

>> Exception in command ARX covsrvechelle19.arx

So you have such a file on the system? Because I don't have that file. And that makes me guessing you have installed apps or applications on top of AutoCAD ==> which one? Also try to start Map3D with a profile that does not load these apps/applications?

Goos luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
fantonio
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

02-17-2013 03:04 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hi alfred,

thank you for your response.

As for the service pack, I actually installed SP1 for AutoCAD Map3D:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20567715&linkID=9240858

>>Does the problem only appear with that single file? If so: open it with 2012, save it as DWG and open the DWG then in 2013.<< I will confirm with the users.

As for the ARX covsrvechelle19.arx file, our users are using AutoCADMap2013 with Covadisv13. We previously had Map3D2012 and Covadisv12

I will confirm with the users to use AutoCADMap3D without Covadis.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)

02-17-2013 05:21 AM in reply to: fantonio

efyuze wrote:

As for the ARX covsrvechelle19.arx file, our users are using AutoCADMap2013 with Covadisv13. We previously had Map3D2012 and Covadisv12

I will confirm with the users to use AutoCADMap3D without Covadis.

Thanks

Make sure the Covadis is the current version and all updates/patches are installed. My French isn't that great but it looks like there is an patch/SP for it out there.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community