AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message while trying to plot

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
neil.stapley
621 Views, 4 Replies

Error message while trying to plot

Can anyone help. Every time I try and plot a drawing I get this error message:

' YOU CAN NOT USE MULTIPLE INSTANCES AT THE SAME TIME'.  The program then freezes for a short while then returns a message saying plot canceled.

I am using Map 3D 2011. Although I did have a trial version of AutoCad 2012 I had no problems plotting on both versions up untill recently I have made no changes to any printer configuration, plot files or styles. I removed 2012 after I started getting this message but still I am unable to plot.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

first I would recreate the PC3 from scratch.

Then, if that does not work, try to deactivate the variable BACKGROUNDPLOT, do one plot, finish AutoCAD, restart it and reactivate it.

BTW: what plotter did you use (and what driver)?

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Alfred thanks.

Setting the background plot to zero (which I am assuming is deactivating it) worked. If the then set it back to 1 it brings back the error.

Does this give you better understanding on what is going on.

Neil

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> Does this give you better understanding on what is going on.

Not really, there are some thoughts (plotter-driver, AutoCAD-Map servicepack, ...) but not "THIS" idea to get rid of it ... besides the workaround of turning off BACKGROUNDPLOT.

Sorry, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
neil.stapley
in reply to: neil.stapley

Thats ok I have it printing now which is all that matters thanks for your suggestions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost