AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing SDF schema / properties in Map 3D 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ksmith
494 Views, 2 Replies

Editing SDF schema / properties in Map 3D 2012

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to edit the schema/properties of an SDF in Map 3D?  I need to edit existing properties.  I have followed the instructions in 'Help', but even after clicking on 'Edit Schema' in the schema editor, I have no luck.  I have been able to add/delete properties but have not been able to edit other things (such as existing property titles, display order, Type etc).  From what I understand in Help, I should be able to do this?

I have about 30 SDF files that were converted from SHP using FME.  I know I can manipulate them in FME but each file has different properties and it will take me quilte a bit of time as I am not super familiar with it.

Any help is appreciated!

Kristi

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ksmith

Hi,

>> but have not been able to edit other things (such as existing property titles, display order, Type etc)

yes, annoying for me also.

What I do in that cases: I create a new SDF using the structure of the original one. As this SDF is empty you have the chance to modify/add/remove properties. Then I use bulkcopy to get the data transfered from my original SDF to the one with the new structure.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
ksmith
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred,

I had a feeling Bulk Copy was going to come into it but was hoping it was just something simple I was missing!  I'm thinking the amount of work is going to be comparable to going the FME route.  But I will give your method a try and see which one is 'easier' for me.

Thanks,

Kristi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost