AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESRI Grid

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
bleestein
1211 Views, 22 Replies

ESRI Grid

Does anyone know how to bring an ESRI Grid into Map 3D 2007. I have a DEM, however it is 10ft and I need a very small area. We have 2ft contours but map crashes when I load them. I used ArcMap to clip the 2ft contour area I need, but I could only save the clip as a grid. I hope my question makes sense to someone 😉 Any ideas?
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
ckrismer
in reply to: ckrismer

Yeah, thanks.  We just bought Map 3D and aren't looking  spend any more on software.  Do you know if either of the free ArcGIS readers would translate data?

Message 22 of 23
Murph_Map

@ckrismer wrote:

aerial ortho photos of a municipality

Then there is NO elevation data in that raster, it's a simple 2d flat file. AutoCAD MAP 3D has no way to create any contours or surface from it.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 23 of 23
ckrismer

Yeah, it's funny Map keeps referring to it as something about a grid.  The elevation data was supposed to be in the mdb as a feature class but I couldn't get it to appear, so the client sent me shapefiles - now I can see the contours.  I'm still not having fun with my new software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost