AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dusting off old Plot Files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
235 Views, 2 Replies

Dusting off old Plot Files

Ages ago, a coworker needed some collaboration on a project. My task was to provide a map for a brochure that she was creating in Pagemaker. It seems the only good results we could come up with was a plot file created in HPGL language. to restate it was not created in HPGL2.

I provided the necessary .dwg file using autocad R14, and the plot file that was needed for the easy import to Pagemaker. Since that time the employee has left, and her files were not saved. I am now asked to duplicate the project, and I have only been able to find the plot file.

Is there a way to import this into autocad map? I can scan it and import using cad overlay. Draw vectors over the raster image, but the size will make that difficult.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When you say plot files do you mean files with the plt extentions. If so then there are programs that will convert it int a dwg file., one is part of the express tools........Murph
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you very much, I was almost certain I had seen something like that. Have a great new year.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost