AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing disappears after opening second drawing in Autocad Map 3D 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
george.ianukovici
618 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing disappears after opening second drawing in Autocad Map 3D 2012

Hello everyone.

I have two drawings A and B. I work in A and I need some design elements from B.

When I open the drawing B everything I have in drawing A disappeared. I refer to all elements of design (blocks, lines, polylines, etc.).

After studying the issue have concluded that the design of all elements were automatically isolated. Right click> Isolate> End Object Isolation and everything reappears in drawing A.

Does anyone know why this happens?

I mention that I installed Autocad Map 3D 2012 x64 on Windows 7 x64 and work in Map Classic Workspace using the same coordinate system in both drawings.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

the menu that you masked .... does that come from an application? If so do you have the same effect when you have not loaded that application and do the same tests?

- alfred -

(I'm just wondering why someone masks a menu in a screenshot, filename ok, but a menu?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Alfred for the recommendation. 

As for the print screen must admit that it was not necessary to hide the top menu. The menu above is from a lisp (TopoLT) that I use for many years (initially in Map 3D 2009) and had no problems so far.

I uninstalled lisp and tried to open two drawings without him. It follows the same error. Any idea?

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> I uninstalled lisp and tried to open two drawings without him. It follows the same error. Any idea?

I'm not sure if TopoLT is just written in LISP, so there might be other parts of the app active like ARX, DLL, ...

If you really have removed all app- or tool-like addons my last idea is to create a new profile (AutoCAD profile) or - most clean way I guess - to login to your workstation with another user and try it there (hoping that the app does not automatically register into new user-profiles.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

What displays on the command line before you use the unisolate command? From your screen capture it looks like a selection set was created, if you just opened a file it should just say it open a trusted file.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost