AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display order shp files

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JohnPM
532 Views, 7 Replies

Display order shp files

I have several shp files ordered in the display manager. Three Polygons, one line and one point shp. the problem is that the bottom polygon that is supposed to draw order last continues to show up above all other files during plotting to PDF or other digital file. I have tried to disconnect and reconnect the problem shp, reorder several times but nothing changes. This is making it impossible for me to plot a file in the way is it being displayed.

Thanks

John

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: JohnPM

Try to toggle the "plot paperspace last" radio buttion in the plot dialog.  (?) Just a guess on my behalf.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 8
antoniovinci

You can override the Display Manager stack, by means of this nice lisp, sir.

Message 4 of 8
JohnPM

I Could not find a solution and can not spend any more time troubleshooting the problem.   I got it to work once through disconnecting all objects and reconnecing in the order I wanted them to display. However, when I went to theme them the problem returned.  service pack 1 was installed prior.

John

Message 5 of 8
antoniovinci

JohnPM wrote:

I Could not find a solution 

I guess you didn't try the above lisp, which physically reorders the layers' stack, sir...

Message 6 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: antoniovinci

@antoniovinci wrote:

I guess you didn't try the above lisp, which physically reorders the layers' stack, sir...

You old LISP does not work with FDO features, FDO display does not use the AutoCAD layers table like you would think.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 8
JohnPM

I Appreciate thefeedback on the display order problem and I also contacted support which recommended REGEN and display ordering. Tried both of those without success. Ended up using an oldschool workaround by attaching the trouble shp as dwg and query..alterprops..hatch..draworder for the same results.. If I find the cause I will post back.

Thanks

John

Message 8 of 8
KrakowiAneczka

I had the same problem, resolved by changing the draw order in Groups and in Draw Order from Task Pan, than right click on the shape/sdf and Refresh Layer (try all, the one you want to have on top refreshing the last), if that does not work than: MAPUPDATEMAP

Ania

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost