AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Maps - 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Baz_man1
323 Views, 2 Replies

Display Maps - 2013

Hello,

I am looking for information onthe new 'Display Maps' feature within Ma/Civilp where you can turn off/on connected data (SDE/SDW, .shp, .sdf, etc.) entities or layers by viewport.

If I add data while in modelspace and then go to paperspace in a new drawing it will show in the default viewport. If I make other viewports by using creating one and then assiging it a name in the 'Task Pane' - 'Maps' icon and then assign the vieport the name in 'Map Viewport' pane - 'Display Maps' they do not cary over the connected data. However, if I go to 'Task Pane' - 'Maps' and copy the default viewport and then rename it I will have the data show.

Is this correct bahaviour for this new feature?

I have a second item that is annoying.

Once a viewport has been assigned and then you double-click in it (to activate modelspace) the name of the viewport will appear in the top right. I have instances where it appears small and others where it takes up far too much space. Is there a way to change the size of that label or maybe turn it off altogether?

Thanks,

Barry

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
phil_borycens
in reply to: Baz_man1

Hi Barry,

I know this can be confusing. Hopefully this helps to clarify:

http://screencast.com/t/TyQlvKRuO4

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: phil_borycens

Hello

Please remind that you need a MAP 2013 to get this feature :

Different FDO Maps per MVIEW in Layouts and different visibility of FDO Layers per MVIEW ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost