AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direction of liner feature

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bingeomatics
599 Views, 8 Replies

Direction of liner feature

Hello, colleagues1

How can I change direction of a line feature? Have any redy  default command to do it?

Binnat Khalilov
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

if your "line feature" is of type Polyline you can use command _REVERSE

If your "line feature" is based on an FDO-linked datasource you can select the geoemtry-object ==> right-click ==> and there you also find a point in the context menu like "pline-modify" with the option of reversing the geometry object.

At least with Map3D2013 it does work in that way. If you don't find the option then let us know what Map3D-version your are working with.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

I am working in AutoCAD Map 2013, but i din't find commant which you sad.....Smiley Embarassed

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

if you select the entity, what object-type is it? (what does the property-window show)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9

I have created a liner feature object (sdf file) connected by FDO and created new fature. When I select the feature and press right click, among of the command I dinn't find reverce command.

Please look at my context menu : Context menu

Binnat Khalilov
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

sorry, the resolution of the screenshot is so small so I can't read your options.

Look to my video, maybe (hopefully) this is a help.

BTW: just saw that the option for pline-modifying only appears in the context-menu if the object is checked-in.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9

alfred.neswadba, thank you for the video. But that command in context-menu in you video, I could't find in my AutoCAD Map. Is it additional programm to AutoCAD Map?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

>> Is it additional programm to AutoCAD Map?

No, plain AutoCAD Map3D 2013

Have you tried first to check-in the feature and then select it and right-click?
Verify the options if your Map3D is set to automatically check-out features or not. Toggle this option just for a try.

BTW: just tried: the command _PEDIT should also work on FDO-features, so try the option _REVERSE of the _PEDIT command.

@Autodesk: why does _PEDIT ==> _REVERSE work on that type of objects and the command _REVERSE does not? Makes no sense for me.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9

alfred.neswadba, thank you very much.....

PEDIT command have worked.....Smiley Very Happy

Binnat Khalilov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost