AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog minimizing-Windows 7

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
398 Views, 4 Replies

Dialog minimizing-Windows 7

I am working with and extention to AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 on Windows 32. When a dialog opens it sometimes immediately minimizes and must be restored via the Windows task bar. I have also noticed that the dynamic input command line is visible when the dialog dissapears and is present even if the dialog does not dissapear. I have shown this in the image below.  This also occurs on Windows 7 64 bit, as well.

If I set the workstation to windows Basic Theme or turn off dynamic input, this does not occur. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Toren

DynamicInput.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

and if you turn off dynamic-input <F12>, does the issue persist?

Other question: it's my feeling that the dialog does not minimize but it falls into background (behind the AutoCAD application window). So try next time this happens not to reactivate it by the taskbar-click, but resize (not minimize) your AutoCAD window, I guess the dialog is open and you'll see it then.

If I'm right it's a problem I also saw quite often with my own forms (not modal ones) in combination with Win7 and AutoCAD. The way out is to manually develop code that this form stay in front of AutoCAD (or some settings of properties of how this form is controlled).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

What you had me try is correct. This form is NOT minimizing, but falling out of focus and is behind the AutoCAD window. Can you offer me any ideas on where to look for the code that would keep it out front? If you turn Dynamic input off or switch to a Windows basic (Non-Aero) theme, the form stays out front.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

HI,

>> Can you offer me any ideas on where to look for the code that would keep it out front?

Do you have the source code? Then let us see the part where

a) the form get's initialized

b) the form get's opened

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Here is the form code:    

frmFind fFind;
            fFind = new frmFind();
            string strTableName = strTable + "Join";
            fFind.lId = 0;
            fFind.strTableJoinName = strTableName;
            fFind.bShowLinkToNew = bLinkToNewRecord;

System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(fFind);

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost