AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deal with shape files from different sources

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
akaroger
305 Views, 5 Replies

Deal with shape files from different sources

I got some shp files from different sources and I tried to connect all together to a new (MAP 3d 2010) .dwg file.

Besides the two different positions, the size of one is too bigger than the other. However, when I use mapdist command, the measurement are practically the same.

I figure out that I can deal with some of those shp files when I assign LL coordinate system, but other files run when I assign UTM coordinate system. For example, using buffer command.

There is no defined coordinate system in any of the shp files I have.

What should I do to overlay all features on the fly?

Could someone give me a suggestion to solve the problem?

Rogério - São Paulo, Brazil

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: akaroger

Two ways are the following ones:

1] reproject all your shapes to a common CRS, e.g. by means of the opensource Mapwindow_GIS

2] _ADESETCRDSYS as LL84 in an empty drawing, then _MAPCONNECT all your different shapefiles with their own CRS.

Message 3 of 6
akaroger
in reply to: antoniovinci

Thank you for the attention, but I have already tried the suggestion number 2 for various ways.

I attached the two files shp I have mentioned in the initial message,

I am without solution yet.

Message 4 of 6
antoniovinci

akaroger wrote:

I have already tried the suggestion number 2

What about the suggested solution #1..?

If you don't know how to transform those shapefiles in Mapwindow, please tell me in which CRS they were done, so I will convert them for you to a common LL84, amigo...

Message 5 of 6
akaroger
in reply to: antoniovinci

I downloaded Mapwindow GIS version 4.8.3 (suggestion #1) and tried to find any conversor with no success.

Each of the files (attached in this message) fit or a LL Coordinate or a UTM Coordinate. There is no register of CRS in themselves.

I prefer a UTM assign because I can do measurements in meters.

Message 6 of 6
antoniovinci

I'd like to help you, but you're not helping me, man...

In order to transform your wondeful 'paulista' shapes in a UTM, we NEED to know in what kind of CRS they were drawn.

In simpler words, we need a .PRJ file: look for it, please.

Watching at the coords of a map, I'm able to understand its CRS only for italian and polish maps, not for brazilian ones, sorry...

P.S.

I tried to guess it, see the attached .KMZ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost