AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connected Image disappears

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pcedillo
580 Views, 5 Replies

Data Connected Image disappears

Hi everyone.

I accessed an aerial image through data connect, adjust the the georeferencing, etc.  Image comes in fine and no problems...

One day, I re-open the same file and the data-connected image is gone!

I try disconnecting and deleting the image, and then try re-connecting it but all I get is an error message "There was a problem adding data to Map."

Any ideas anyone?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
linedesign
in reply to: pcedillo

I have the same issue, just started recently.  I have not found any solutions.

Message 3 of 6
pcedillo

I found that data connect save some sort of Cache file somewhere on your hard drive (?).  Our IT dept had recently re-mapped our network drives.  Anyway, I disonnected and deleted the Raster, then did an "audit", then re-connected the raster and it seemed to fix the problem.

Message 4 of 6
thepworth

I have a similar problem with connecting to .SHP files from C3D - still trouble-shooting what's going on.

For your user cache under Windows (XP, 7 or Vista) from windows explorer, enter the address %temp% - it's a system variable to your temporary directory.  o.k. to delete all files there - you won't be able to delete anything currently in use by an open program and it's a temp directory afterall....

then reopen & try again...

Best of Luck!

Todd Hepworth 

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you can also try to start command _MAPOPTIONS ==> tab "System": there you find a button for clearing the cache.

And just to make sure, there's a second setting for a temp-folder at the dialog of _MAPIOPTIONS ==> tab "memory" (please don't mind if my translation of the tab-names is not correct, I don't have an english version).

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
JOHNHAAG6922

I had the same problem and fixed it by mod to run Map 3D as an administrator.  Right click the desktop icon and either click the "Run As Administrator" option that you'll have to do evertime you start Map 3D or click properties at the bottom and then select "Advanced" button while in the "Shortcut" tab area and then check the "Run As Administrator" box so that Map 3d starts that way all the time.  You'll probably have to do the same thing to Google Earth if you import GE data because once you mod the Map 3D startup, Google imports wont work until you mod the Google Earth startup to run as admin.  Hope you can figure out my steps.

John J. Haag, P.E.
Haag Engineering Consultants, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost